Saturday, January 17, 2009

Valentine Match Books

Since Valentine's Day is fast approaching I thought I would share a cute little project I made last year using scraps of cardstock and patterned paper. These are little match book favors that hold a miniature candy bar or as I have here a small bag of Valentine's M&M's. The bag that I used to hold the M&M's is a jewerly bag that I purchased in a pack of 50 I think at my local Michael's.

To give the hearts that crinkled look I rolled them through my Fiskars corrugator.

Deets: Cardstock: Bazzill. Pattern Papers: Dream Street. Heart Punch: Marvy. Buttons: stash

20 comments:

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

What a cute idea, Jan! Love the corrugated hearts! :)

stampin abi said...

That's such a good idea tfs!

Paula said...

Great idea, I never would have thought about putting candies in a matchbook! Love it!

mel said...

jan these are 2 cute.tfs

Ellie said...

Such a cute idea! Love the designer paper!

Nancy said...

I just love these, Jan!! They are so adorable, and they make me very hungry!!

Jackie said...

These came out cute! nice job!!!

Michelle Walpole said...

what a great idea

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cute!!! tfs!!
-t

Laura said...

These are just too cute, Jan! What a great idea!

Alicia said...

Jan what a SWEET idea they are so cute.

Margo :-) said...

These are adorable Jan!

Corey said...

what a neat idea! are these made by just folding cardstock? I think I'll make some for the kids this year!

Laura Leuenberger said...

Cute idea! I'll have to make some for the holidays, Thanks for sharing.

Beth Norman said...

Cute. 50 bags?! Are you making that many?

Louise Forsyth said...

These are so adorable! Really cute.

Kimmie said...

ok these are too cool

Linnao said...

Cute!!!

Anjou Krelovich said...

Love this idea! It turned out so cute. Definitely a wonderful way to use scraps. The dimension in the hearts is perfect!

kellymb said...

So cite! I am trying to figure out how to package treats for the girl's daycare valentine party.