Saturday, January 5, 2013

My obsession is growing.......

for milk glass that is!  It all started last year when I was plundering inside Papa's old workshop.  As I was digging through a box, I ran across 3 pedestal candy dishes and immediately fell in love with them.  I had been looking for something to sit on my desk to hold small embellishments like buttons and brads and knew these would be perfect!.  So I lugged them home (against my husbands wishes) cleaned them up and filled them with my small collection of washi tape instead. 

I heart these so much!  Since then I've been scouring consignment stores and Habitat for Humanity stores for more and I've been lucky enough to pick up a piece here and there. This past Thursday while I was in Hartsville, I stopped by the Habitat store and found another footed candy dish (on top) and 3 pieces of Currier & Ives - 2 square casseroles and a custard cup.....

all for a mere $7.25!  Did I mention I have an obsession for Pyrex dishes too?  Well I do.  When my son moved next door last year I gave him all my clear casserole dishes and replaced them with vintage Pyrex and Anchor Hocking pieces.  Do you have an obsession?  If so, leave a comment and tell what it is.

No comments: