Wednesday, December 16, 2009

O' Christmas Tree

It's December 16th, do you have your tree up?  We usually put our tree up on Thanksgiving Day here at our house.  The boys would drag the fake tree and all it's decorations down from the attic while I cook dinner.  They would stand it up and try to make sure all the lights are working - I say try, because after a while they would lose patience and I was the one who would spend the next couple of hours looking for a lose bulb!  After dinner and the table was cleared off I would fluff the branches and we would all add the ornaments.  Jack would take all the Hallmark ornaments out of their boxes and Kyle and I would place them on the tree.  It was a great family tradition, until this year! Our house is small and the only place to sit the big tree is right smack dab in front of the front door..........and the truth is the boys really didn't want to fool with the big tree this year so we opted for what I call, "our Charlie Brown tree".  At first I wasn't too keen on the idea, but I gotta say this little tree is starting to grow on me.....and it will be so much easier to take down this year!  LOL.  So here it is blog readers, my Charlie Brown tree.
It stands 3 feet high and it's decked out in a wide hot pink ribbon and pom pom garland.  I have a total of 47 hot pink and chartreuse ornaments hanging from it's little branches and a hot pink velour skirt wrapped around the bottom.   Kinda cute, eh?

BTW, I found this cool new program on the web where you can turn your digital photos into a polaroid.  It's called Polardroid and you can make a donation or download it for free.  It even makes the same noise that the old polaroid camera's would make when it spit the picture out and then you sit and wait for the picture to appear on your screen - just like the real thing I tell ya!  You gotta check it out!   

1 comment:

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Your tree is FABULOUS, Jan! Love it! My formal dining room used to be pinks and golds-kinda shabby chic, and I used to do a tree all decked out in pinks! :D