It's been said that a dog is man's best friend, well in my house a dog - or should I say 3, is a woman's best friend - so why not do something special for your four legged friend this holiday season. Here's a dog biscuit recipe sure to leave your favorite canine licking his lips and begging for more......and most of the ingredients you probably have in your kitchen pantry already!
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup water
1 large egg
2 tablespoons milk
1. Preheat oven to 275.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, oatmeal, wheat germ, peanut butter, vegetable oil, honey, baking powder and water.
3. Mix ingredients until thoroughly combined.
4. Roll dough out to a 1/2 inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut into desired shapes and place on baking sheet.
5. In a small bowl, mix together milk and egg. Brush glaze on biscuits.
6. Bake for 30 minutes. Rotate pans and bake for an additional 20-30 minutes, until biscuits are golden and firm.
Here's our new pup Maddy trying to eat my display!
As you can see, my dogs LOVE 'EM
You can find this and lots more recipes by visiting THIS site.